My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://poshlifeposhstyle.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Prologue: Is Black Love Dead?

I am happy to proudly say I am a Single Young Man. I am in excellent health and shape, own and play my Sony Playstation regularly, love to go out, cook, live in two cities, own property, thinking about buying a scooter so I can look cool in Adam’s Morgan, and enjoying my independence and freedom while rarely thinking of things like marriage and children. I do aspire to achieve these things in my lifetime, but right now it’s not on my radar. I guess I’m “living the life."

Dating is a necessarily painful part of the single life and finding the perfect woman is like finding the Pregiato Moccasin from Salvatore Ferragamo half-price - it requires skill, planning and a large dose of luck. Some of us are still shopping...

At the risk of sounding immodest I think it's fair to say that, over the years, I have acquired much wisdom of the dating sort. And that is not to say I'm a relationship counselor or Will Smith’s Hitch – just, you know, worldly and wise… a veteran. The point is, we are overloaded with dating tips, often conflicting and often, I think, ill-advised. And, being the great philanthropist that I am, I feel it would be ungenerous of me not to share my vast knowledge with some of you.

Right now I’m working on a 3 part series regarding the death of black love. I think it’s time we pushed the envelope so that we can finally do something about this important issue that is affecting our community.

I assure you that the series will be funny, entertaining, insightful, and my usual habitual line stepping with grace and dignity. So check out my series, “Is Black Love Dead?” on P.O.S.H.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: