As I review the applicants I think I have found the one that can put up with my mess and can have fun, honestly share memories, experiences, etc. When guys are trying to get a girlfriend, I say let’s take it back to grade school, when things were a little more simple. When we used to pass notes that read: Do you like me? Check Yes____ or No____ Do you want to be my Girlfriend? Check Yes____ or No____ Whatever happened to the good ol days? When I look at the women I have dated in my past, I wish I had like a blueprint or manual that would have helped. From my experiences I realized that in this world of dating, three different groups of women exist. First allow me to thank singleblackman.net for this. 18-23 Women 24 - 28 It is during this age group that she wants to do the “girl trips.” Black Ski weekend...yup she’s there. Essence Festival…yup she’s there. All Star Weekend…um…yup...she’s there. It’s no wonder Facebook loves this demographic. She can be a little selfish at times, wanting the chivalry of the 50’s along with her newfound independence. She is often in desperate need of introspection. She complains there are no good men, but is usually not ready to handle the type of guys she wants. Such a shame. 29 & Up Hopefully my description said it all. So I’m choosing to stay with the 29 & Up group. The woman in this category is comfortable with herself and knows herself. For some reason, this means she knows how to treat a man. She isn’t just letting herself being walked over or chasing after guys like some desperate sex starved woman … but has balance in her life. These young girls are just too immature and selfish … sorry. Looking forward to responses on this.
She doesn’t know what she wants in life often and is still discovering herself. Sometimes she is lively, fully of energy, and looking to explore and see new things. She can be so much fun.
But … she is often immature and childish. Because she is discovering herself, her sense of self may be lacking. She doesn’t know what she wants, you can never read her, and she loves to play games. She loves to play games. She consults her “girlfriends” on everything, she is self consumed, and puts little value in the qualities that make a “good man”. She often wants someone to spoil her without her having to give anything in the relationship. Poor and misguided. Here you will find women who love the thug, and the wannabe gangster. Earning potential, manners, and acts of romance aren’t important … she is at her most superficial. Dating a woman in this age bracket is like playing Russian roulette. Just go…and walk away.
She has now realized what it actually takes to make a Good Man. She has some sense now … the superficial ways of her younger years is starting to melt away, she wants a good man who will treat her right, plus she is becoming independent too. She works, earns her own money, and finally isn’t dependent on other people in her life. She needs someone to complete her. I’ve always been rather cautious about dating women in this age bracket. In this particular age group, she says she keeps meeting jerks (the same ones she used to like), the good men are all taken, and all the good men that are available … want to stay available and don’t want a relationship.
Ah…home, sweet home. The needed introspection has usually occurred. She has come to terms with her own inadequacies and has finally thrown away the 3 page list of things her man must have. She finally knows what is important and has learned that she will attract someone who she is “ready” to handle. She also has learned to stop being selfish, she realizes she can’t just demand, demand, and demand some more … without giving back to her man in explicit and blatant ways … and expect it to work out. She is comfortable with herself, her body, and her sense of self-being. I like this age bracket because this type of woman is confident, but not arrogant. Giving, but not a push over. Opinionated, but not a know-it-all. She is balanced.


10 comments:
Great post Chauncey,
Although I will say there are exceptions that exist in each of the age brackets. But I will say that for myself, when I was in the 18-23 bracket I really thought I was grown and ready for a long term woman, but I did realize that I had growing to do personally and professionally before I could grow with another woman.
And just like you, I'm aiming for that 29 and up group. Just like you alluded to, they're not out to prove anything anymore, and are more BETJ and less BET.
LOL Richard @ the more BETJ and less BET. The 29 and up group is less "party all the time."
I'm 20, And I just want you to know that while there are many young females who fit that description, there are also just as many who don't. I don't want a thug, I don't need anyone to spoil me. And I'm not superficial. I am however still discovering myself. YOu were right for the most part becuase most girls that I come into contact with do have this mentality. It's quite frustrating to be put in this category becuase of your age alone. It's cool though. lol I think this may have inspired a post.
Just turned 23 (yay Leos) but I appreciate the perspective left in these comments that not everyone follows these categories. All it takes is to find one woman in either age bracket who has their heart and head in the right place and you'll (hopefully) find her friends are in similar capacities. Where I am I'm finding a lot of people in the youngest categories getting married... mind you the majority of these couples are serious about Christ... wonder if there's any coincidence in that... *smiles and winks* Be blessed
Good post C-Rob. Strappin' on my heels to do my response post ;-)
Chauncey,
You're my boy and I have nothing but love for you but this post is completely ridiculous. Full of stereotypes. And the worst part is that I think a lot of men agree with this. If I have to wait until I'm 29 for a man to take my feelings, wants and needs seriously, I quit.
I think by the time women are 29 they have resigned themselves to the bs that is dating.
my two cents.
peace,
e.
This is why I heart you Eva, you never hold back. Grant it is full of stereotypes, but some of this is true. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but we don't hear, nor read about them. Hope to see you @ Coopers one weekend.
:) *thinks to self, must make the exceptions more visible* next time you're in NYC we will def go to Coopers.
C.Rob~
I along with Eva think that while you make some good points in here, you cannot equate your personal experiences to the general age bracket of the women. When in relationships each party plays a role, so if you were dealing with childish or immature women... trust you probably had a little something to do with that. Just as I reflect back on some of my dating experiences I cannot totally lay the blame only on the other person.
The qualities that you listed in a 29+ woman are partially due to age, but know that some women get there faster because of life experiences rather than age. So just like you wouldn't want to be judged by only one criteria, respectively don't do that to your female counterparts. I love you, but I still don't think it's "time to get a girlfriend" until you do a little self evaluation. :-)
Love ya!
~C
Where is the love Consuelo? Grant it this is an observation based upon CHR Research Inc., but I've yet to hear the men disagree.
Hugz,
CHR
Post a Comment